Introducing Hosting by Spleet Africa; the most efficient tool to make money from your living spaces.
By Oluwatosin Amusan, Product Lead
At Spleet Africa, homeowners play a pivotal role in our mission to provide easier living solutions to you, which in turn translates to all the amazing living spaces you have come to love.
This is why we are so excited to announce Hosting; a new product from Spleet Africa for people who want to rent out their spaces.
Now homeowners, who we lovingly call Hosts, have access to tools that make it easier for them to list, manage and ultimately earn from their spaces, all without too much interference from us.
With the addition of Hosting, we are increasing the number of spaces available to our members, thereby improving access to easier living solutions in more locations across Africa, and providing hassle-free income streams for our Hosts.
Why become a Host on Spleet?
- Earn Money From Your Space: You create an additional income stream by listing your space.
- Rigorous KYC: Potential renters undergo extensive screening procedures.
- Eliminate Agent & Legal Hassles: List your space, sit back and enjoy your earnings without any middleman
- Keep Your Space Pristine : Listing your space gives you access to our value added services; cleaning, and general maintenance support.
- Enjoy Host Analytics: Your dashboard on Spleet Africa easily see gives you access to bookings, subscriptions, earnings so far, feedback from members, etc.
How Does It Work?
There are 3 easy steps to get started on the journey to earning money on Spleet Africa with your space:
Step 1: List Your Space:
Fill all required information, fully describing your space and its highlights.
Step 2: Subscriptions and Bookings
We give you autonomy to set the price of your spaces per listing. Remember this price includes rent, waste, maintenance, security dues, etc. The goal is to allow our members to enjoy an all inclusive billing experience.
Step 3: Start Earning Money
After your listing is approved, sit back and let your space earn you money. Ensure you update your profile with your relevant bank details for payment and settlement purposes.
- Is listing free?
Listing spaces on Spleet Africa is free of charge. We only apply our commission fees after your space has been subscribed to by a member.
- What kind of spaces can I list on Spleet Africa?
You can list either a single space e.g a spare bedroom, and multiple spaces like multiple bedrooms in a home, or whole apartments.
- What can members list my space for?
All spaces are to be used for residential purposes only.
- How do I get paid when my space is subscribed?
We pay directly to your bank account within 72 hours of receiving payment for the space, and payments are made only within a working week. Update your profile with your bank details to ensure a smooth process.
- How do I add a bank account to my dashboard
- Go to Payment tab on your Spleet Africa dashboard
- Click on Payment option to add your bank verification details, account number and select a bank.
- Confirm your name and click Add bank to save the details.
We currently accept all Nigerian bank accounts, and you can add multiple accounts but only your preferred default bank will be used to receive the payout. You can also change your payment option at any time. For payment receipts from outside Nigeria, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I list my current home address?
Yes! You can list spare bedrooms in the home you live. You may even earn enough to cover your rent.
- Must I furnish the space?
All spaces must be furnished with the minimal requirements needed for comfortable living. All furniture belongs to you and will remain in the space after our member leaves.
- Can I withdraw my listing?
You may withdraw a listing at any time before subscription by a member. A Host who defaults by withdrawing a listing after subscription by a member more than once may be suspended from the Spleet Africa platform.
At Spleet Africa, our mission remains to provide access to easier living solutions for our members and greater returns for Hosts.
With the introduction of Hosting we open up access to easier living solutions from the comfort of your device. We are excited about our journey so far and rely on your continued support, feedback and comments.
If you have any questions about Hosting, kindly reach out to us at email@example.com. We are always happy to help.
Tosin 💙 💚 🏡